There are a lot of different ANZAC Day Wreath ideas out there. This one is budget friendly and offers the opportunity to get your students involved as well!
You will need:
– a large piece of foam board (or cardboard from a box)
– at least two egg cartons (more if you want more poppies)
– acrylic paint: red, black and green
– stanley knife
– lead pencil
– craft glue
– Lest We Forget template
– sponge dabber (optional)
Making your wreath:
Make your wreath from foam board or cardboard.
1. This can be done by marking the centre of your cardboard with a pencil. Measure a piece of string from this centre point to the edge of your cardboard (leave a little extra before cutting. And from the centrepoint, move your string around to make sure the string doesn’t leave the cardboard – if it does make it slightly shorter).
2. Tie one end of the string to a skewer and the other to a lead pencil. Stand the skewer on the centrepoint you created earlier and pull your string tight. The pencil should now be facing down towards the cardboard.
3. Keeping the string pulled tight move the pencil around the skewer. Your pencil should be creating a circle on the cardboard.
4. After you have completed this large circle. Draw a smaller circle inside the large one by using the same technique (just make sure you make the string shorter.
5. Use a stanley knife to cut along both circle lines that you have created. You should now have a wreath shape.
Create your poppies.
6. Take your egg cartons and cut away the lid and any extra parts. Leaving you with the egg cup tray (note: don’t through away the extra pieces and lid – you will use those to create your leaves).
7. Use a stanley knife to cut out each individual cup and then use scissors to tidy up any excess from the cups to make them look neater and more uniform.
8. Paint each egg cup with the red paint and then use your sponge dabber (or a paint brush) to paint the centre of each egg cup black.
Create your leaves.
9. Put the poppies aside and take the lids and excess pieces from your egg cartons. Paint the green all over. Leave to dry and then cut out leaf shapes from them.
Bring it all together.
10. Take your cardboard wreath shape and glue the Lest We Forget banner to the bottom of it.
11. Using craft glue, adhere the poppies to the cardboard wreath.
12. Use the craft glue to attach the leaves to the wreath as well.
And you are done! Well done 🙂
Don’t forget to share your wreaths with me on your social media posts! Just use the tag @ridgydidgeresources to grab my attention so I can give your post a little love.
LEST WE FORGET.