Engage your students as they explore Asia and its diverse features with this unit designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian Geography curriculum (8.4 and 9.0). Highly engaging, this unit includes printable activity sheets, posters, a brief informative powerpoint, assessment opportunities and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. This unit is a great way to engage your students interest in the topic as well as expand their knowledge of the Asian region and how its features compare to Australia’s.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
– Activity Bundle – some activities require the internet for research. Recommended internet links are provided to guide your teaching.
– Informative Powerpoint – this powerpoint will help guide some of your teaching sequence and help relay information to your students in a age-appropriate manner.
This bundle compliments the following Year 6 Australian Geography Curriculum (8.4 and 9.0) content descriptors:
– the geographical diversity and location of places in the Asia region, and its location in relation to Australia AC9HS6K04
– Australia’s interconnections with other countries and how these change people and places AC9HS6K05
– The geographical diversity of the Asia region and the location of its major countries in relation to Australia (ACHASSK138)
Topics covered in this unit include:
– Where is Asia?
– Asian Regions
– Characteristics of Asia
– Countries of Asia
– Asian Capital Cities
– Longitude and Latitude