Teaching your students about Migration to Australia can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian HASS curriculum, these highly engaging activities, including Timeline activities, Flipbooks, mapping activities, Research Projects and Persuasive Writing Templates, are a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the issues surrounding Australian citizenship and migration to Australia since Federation.
This bundle of activities is best used alongside our Year 6 Migration to Australia Informative Powerpoint.
This activity bundle includes the following:
– Migration Timeline printable activities
– Australian Citizenship Flipbook (covering what it means to be an Australian Citizen, how to become an Australian Citizen, the Australian Citizenship Pledge and the rights and responsibilities of Australian Citizens)
– Migration to Australia mapping activities
– Family Heritage mapping activities
– Push and Pull Factors Poster and activity set
– Immigration Stories Interactive Notebook Comparison Activity
– How to write a monologue lesson plan and activities
– Persuasive Writing Planning Templates
These activities compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 History and Civics and Citizenship content descriptors:
– Stories of groups of people who migrated to Australia since Federation (including from ONE country of the Asia region) and reasons they migrated (ACHASSK136)
– The shared values of Australian citizenship and the formal rights and responsibilities of Australian citizens (ACHASSK147)
Topics covered by using these activities:
✏ Australian Citizenship – what it means to be an Australian Citizen, how to become an Australian Citizen, the Australian Citizenship Pledge and the rights and responsibilities of Australian Citizens.
✏ History of Migration to Australia.
✏ In class family heritage exploration.
✏ Push and Pull Factors that lead ones to migrate to a country.
✏ Exploration of Australian Migration Stories
✏ How to Write a Monologue and show empathy towards migrants to Australia.
✏ Persuasive Writing Task – Should Australia slow down the immigration rate?
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like this:
— Year 6 Civics and Citizenship Australian Government Unit Bundle
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.