Teaching your students about the history of Australia’s Government can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian HASS curriculum (8.4 and 9.0), this informative Powerpoint is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the history and development of Australia’s Government as we know it today.
– This powerpoint is designed to be used alongside our .
– Some slides refer to activities in the Lapbook. You can just skip these slides if all you need is the information on them for your own teaching purposes.
This powerpoint compliments the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 Civics and Citizenship (Version 8.4 and 9.0) content descriptors:
– the key institutions of Australia’s system of government, how it is based on the Westminster system, and the key values and beliefs of Western democracies AC9HS6K06
– the roles and responsibilities of the 3 levels of government in Australia AC9HS6K07
– The key institutions of Australia’s democratic system of government and how it is based on the Westminster system (ACHASSK143)
Topics covered in the Powerpoint include:
☺ The History of Democracy in Australia – the Monarchy, the Magna Carta, the Westminster System
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,