Teaching your students about Australian Federation can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian HASS curriculum, these highly engaging activities, including Timeline activities, Research Projects, factballs and Historical Narrative templates, is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the various people and events surrounding Australia’s federation.
This bundle of activities is best used alongside our
This activity bundle includes the following:
– Federation Timeline printable activities
– Famous Figures of Federation Factballs (including Fact Sheets for each individual to be researched so your students can research without the internet if need be)
– US government Comparison worksheet
– Reconciliation Timeline printable activity
– Historical Narrative Planning Templates
These activities compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 History content descriptors:
– Key figures, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation and Constitution(ACHASSK134)
– Experiences of Australian democracy and citizenship, including the status and rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, migrants, women and children (ACHASSK135)
Topics covered by using these activities:
✏ The Key events that lead to Australia’s federation.
✏ The individuals that contributed to Australia’s federation.
✏ The influence the Westminster and US government system had on our Australian government system
✏ The impact of federation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders – students will explore the issues surrounding citizenship rights and the pathway to reconciliation.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like this:
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
– – –
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,