Teaching your students about Australian Federation can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian HASS curriculum (version 8.4 and 9.0), this highly engaging history unit, including supporting powerpoint, Figures of Federation posters and printable activity sheets, is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the events leading up to federation, who contributed to the federation of Australia and the impact it had on the people of Australia and those who made it their home.
This bundle includes the following:
– Figures of Federation Posters
– Unit Plan
– Informative Powerpoint
– Activity Bundle – including activities to further investigate the events leading to federation, the people who contributed to the federation of Australia, how our system of government compares to the US system and the impact federation had on migrants.
– Bonus Version 9.0 updates!! – including revised unit plan (assessment rubric included) and a few additional activities to help support the curriculum changes
These activities, powerpoint and posters compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 History (version 8.4 and 9.0) content descriptors:
– significant individuals, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation, the Constitution and democratic system of government AC9HS6K01
– changes in Australia’s political system and to Australian citizenship after Federation and throughout the 20th century that impacted on First Nations Australians, migrants, women and children AC9HS6K02
– the causes of people migrating to Australia since Federation and throughout the 20th century, their stories and effects on Australian society, including migrants from the Asia region AC9HS6K03
– Key figures, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation and Constitution(ACHASSK134)
– Experiences of Australian democracy and citizenship, including the status and rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, migrants, women and children (ACHASSK135)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
✏ What was Federation?
✏ Famous Federation Figures
✏ Australian government system vs the US government system
✏ Australian Citizenship
✏ Migration to Australia
✏ Push and Pull Factors
✏ Impact of Migration
✏ Assessment – students complete a Federation flowchart, highlighting the key events leading to Federation as well as the impact Federation had on the Australian people at the time.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,