Teaching your students about Australian citizenship and Australia’s migration history since Federation has never been easier or more exciting! Designed to compliment the Year 6 Australian HASS curriculum, this highly engaging history and civics and citizenship unit, including supporting powerpoint, Migration History Timeline posters, Word Wall posters and printable activity sheets, is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on issues surrounding citizenship and migration to Australia since Federation.
This bundle includes the following:
– Migration Timeline Posters
– Migration Word Wall Posters
– Migration to Australia Informative Powerpoint
– Unit Plan
– Activity Bundle – including activities to further investigate Australian Citizenship, the history of migration to Australia since Federation and current immigration issues in Australia.
These activities, powerpoint and posters compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 HASS content descriptors:
– Stories of groups of people who migrated to Australia since Federation (including from ONE country of the Asia region) and reasons they migrated (ACHASSK136)
– The shared values of Australian citizenship and the formal rights and responsibilities of Australian citizens (ACHASSK147)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
✏ Australian Citizenship – what it means to be an Australian Citizen, how to become an Australian Citizen, the Australian Citizenship Pledge and the rights and responsibilities of Australian Citizens.
✏ History of Migration to Australia.
✏ Push and Pull Factors that lead ones to migrate to a country.
✏ Exploration of Australian Migration Stories
✏ Persuasive Writing Task – Should Australia slow down the immigration rate?
– Migration Timeline printable activities
– Australian Citizenship Flipbook (covering what it means to be an Australian Citizen, how to become an Australian Citizen, the Australian Citizenship Pledge and the rights and responsibilities of Australian Citizens)
– Migration to Australia mapping activities
– Family Heritage mapping activities
– Push and Pull Factors Poster and activity set
– Immigration Stories Interactive Notebook Comparison Activity
– How to write a monologue lesson plan and activities
– Persuasive Writing Planning Templates
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like this:
— Year 6 Civics and Citizenship Australian Government Unit Bundle
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,