This PowerPoint has been carefully crafted to compliment the Australian Curriculum. It is aligned to the Number and Algebra strand of the Year 6 Mathematics Content, strategically scaffolding the content throughout the year. If you follow the book consistently, you will be giving your students additional opportunities to practise efficient mental and written strategies to solve number equations.
Please read carefully the How to Use this PowerPoint section of this resource once downloaded, to maximise the purpose of this resource in your classroom.
This PowerPoint includes the following to help you get your Mental Maths program on track:
– Title Page – you will notice the title page does not mention the grade the book is intended for. This allows you to differentiate within your classroom across our other mental maths books in the program. No child will feel singled out whether they are above or below level.
– Contents Page – This will help you know what is coming up for your students so that you can prepare lessons accordingly.
– Lesson Sequence – This outlines how you can teach the content in your classroom prior to your students reaching that content in their Mental Maths book.
– A Dozen a Day questions and challenges – Tests are grouped in lots of 5. One test per slide. Each test has 12 questions and 1 challenge question to help with differentiation
– Answer sheets
This PowerPoint covers the following Year 6 Australian Curriculum Maths Content Descriptors:
– Identify and describe properties of prime, composite, square and triangular numbers (ACMNA122)
– Select and apply efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies to solve problems involving all four operations with whole numbers (ACMNA123)
– Solve problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions with the same or related denominators (ACMNA126)
– Find a simple fraction of a quantity where the result is a whole number, with and without digital technologies (ACMNA127)
– Add and subtract decimals, with and without digital technologies, and use estimation and rounding to check the reasonableness of answers (ACMNA128)
– Multiply decimals by whole numbers and perform divisions by non-zero whole numbers where the results are terminating decimals, with and without digital technologies (ACMNA129)
– Multiply and divide decimals by powers of 10 (ACMNA130)
– Make connections between equivalent fractions, decimals and percentages (ACMNA131)
– Investigate and calculate percentage discounts of 10%, 25% and 50% on sale items, with and without digital technologies (ACMNA132)
– Continue and create sequences involving whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Describe the rule used to create the sequence (ACMNA133)
– Explore the use of brackets and order of operations to write number sentences (ACMNA134)
If the PowerPoint is not suited to your classroom needs, why not check out our other resources in our Australian Curriculum aligned Mental Maths range:
– Year 6 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Digital Workbook
– Year 6 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Workbook
A FREE TRIAL of each of our Mental Maths Program components can be found here:
– Year 6 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Digital Workbook – FREE TRIAL
– Year 6 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Workbook – FREE TRIAL
– Year 6 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths PowerPoint – FREE TRIAL
If you liked the look of this Australian Curriculum aligned resource, you may also like:
– Year 6 Federation Unit
– Year 6 Migration Unit
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Disclaimer: This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.
There are no reviews yet.