Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 5 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular Geography units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 Geography content descriptors:
– The influence of people, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, on the environmental characteristics of Australian places (ACHASSK112)
– The impact of bushfires or floods on environments and communities, and how people can respond (ACHASSK114)
– The influence of people on the environmental characteristics of places in Europe and North America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia (ACHASSK111)
– The environmental and human influences on the location and characteristics of a place and the management of spaces within them (ACHASSK113)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Europe and North America
– Continents of the World – Countries of Europe and North America – Climate Change
Bushfires and Floods
– Natural Disasters – What are they? Which ones occur in Australia? – Bushfires – What are they? Where do they occur? Why do they occur? How can we prevent them? Surviving a bushfire. – Floods – What are they? Where do they occur? Why do they occur? How can we prevent them? Surviving a flood. – Aboriginal Flood Stories – Aboriginal Fire Management Systems
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,