Teaching your students about migration to Australia can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 5 Australian HASS curriculum, this highly engaging unit, including Powerpoint, Migration to Australia Timeline Posters, printable activity bundle and Word Wall Posters, is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the various migrant groups who came to Australia Pre-Federation.
This activity bundle includes the following:
– Informative Powerpoint
– Australian Migration Timeline – Please not when printing that only certain parts of this timeline will be relevant to Year 5. Only print out posters Pre-Federation!
– Migration to Australia Activity Bundle – including printable worksheets for brainstorms, timeline activities, flipbooks and passports. As well as Information Sheets that cover the following migrant groups to Australia: Chinese at Palmer River, Cameleers in Northern Territory, Japanese in Broome, Pacific Islanders in the Torres Strait and the Germans in South Australia.
– Migration Word Wall Posters
These activities compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 History content descriptors:
– The reasons people migrated to Australia and the experiences and contributions of a particular migrant group within a colony (ACHASSK109)
– The role that a significant individual or group played in shaping a colony (ACHASSK110)
Topics covered by using these activities:
– What is migration? Why did people migrate to Australia?
– When did they migrate to Australia?
– What impact did they have on the communities in which they lived in Australia?
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,