This PowerPoint has been carefully crafted to compliment the Australian Curriculum. It is aligned to the Number and Algebra strand of the Year 3 Mathematics Content, strategically scaffolding the content throughout the year. If you follow the book consistently, you will be giving your students additional opportunities to practise efficient mental and written strategies to solve number equations.
Please read carefully the How to Use this PowerPoint section of this resource once downloaded, to maximise the purpose of this resource in your classroom.
***** PLEASE NOTE: Pre-orders for the full version of this resource will go on sale early February 2020. If you would like to be notified when these become available at an exclusive pre-order price, make sure you are following my store or one of my social media accounts below! *****
This PowerPoint includes the following to help you get your Mental Maths program on track:
– Title Page – you will notice the title page does not mention the grade the book is intended for. This allows you to differentiate within your classroom across our other mental maths books in the program. No child will feel singled out whether they are above or below level.
– Contents Page – This will help you know what is coming up for your students so that you can prepare lessons accordingly.
– Lesson Sequence – This outlines how you can teach the content in your classroom prior to your students reaching that content in their Mental Maths book.
– A Dozen a Day questions and challenges – Tests are grouped in lots of 5. One test per slide. Each test has 12 questions and 1 challenge question to help with differentiation
– Answer sheets
This PowerPoint covers the following Year 3 Australian Curriculum Maths Content Descriptors:
– Investigate the conditions required for a number to be odd or even and identify odd and even numbers (ACMNA051)
– Recall addition facts for single-digit numbers and related subtraction facts to develop increasingly efficient mental strategies for computation (ACMNA055)
– Recall multiplication facts of two, three, five and ten and related division facts (ACMNA056)
– Represent and solve problems involving multiplication using efficient mental and written strategies and appropriate digital technologies (ACMNA057)
– Model and represent unit fractions including 1/2, 1/4, 1/3, 1/5 and their multiples to a complete whole (ACMNA058)
– Represent money values in multiple ways and count the change required for simple transactions to the nearest five cents (ACMNA059)
– Describe, continue, and create number patterns resulting from performing addition or subtraction (ACMNA060)
If the PowerPoint is not suited to your classroom needs, why not check out our other resources in our Australian Curriculum aligned Mental Maths range:
– Year 3 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Digital Workbook – FREE TRIAL
– Year 3 Australian Curriculum Aligned Mental Maths Workbook – FREE TRIAL
If you liked the look of this Australian Curriculum aligned resource, you may also like:
– Australian Celebrations Lapbook
– Year 3/4 Health Unit – Building Confidence
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Disclaimer: This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.
There are no reviews yet.