Teaching your students about the First Fleet can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 4 Australian HASS curriculum, this informative Powerpoint is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge of the reasons for sending the First Fleet to Australia and what impact that had on the Indigenous Australians and the convicts themselves.
Like the look of the Lapbook and want to save some dollars?? Why not purchase The First Fleet Lapbook Activities MEGA Bundle!
This powerpoint compliments the following Australian Curriculum Year 4 History content descriptors:
– Stories of the First Fleet, including reasons for the journey, who travelled to Australia, and their experiences following arrival (ACHASSK085)
– The nature of contact between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and others, for example, the Macassans and the Europeans, and the effects of these interactions on, for example, people and environments (ACHASSK086)
Topics covered in the Powerpoint include:
– Why the Europeans settled in Australia (Life in 18th century Britain, Crimes, Punishments, Solution, Preparations, Voyage, Convicts, Arrival)
– Life in Sydney Cove (Food, Clothing, Work, Daily Life, Accommodation)
Included in this resource:
– A basic Unit Plan including references to where the powerpoint links to the activities in the First Fleet Lapbook.
– An engaging powerpoint, included in PDF form as well as Microsoft Powerpoint.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Year 4 Sustainability Unit bundle
– Year 4 Erosion Science Unit
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
exyou1 (verified owner) –
Amazing resource! Once again, Ridgy Didge has produced an excellent resource that is not only aligned to the current curriculum, but is age appropriate and engaging for modern students. Thank you!