Teaching your students about migration to Australia can be fun and engaging! Designed to compliment the Year 5 Australian HASS curriculum, these highly engaging activities, including Information Sheets, flipbooks and passport templates, is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the various migrant groups who came to Australia Pre-Federation.
This activity bundle includes the following:
– Reasons for Migration Brainstorm worksheet
– Australian Migration Timeline Activities (focusing on events Pre-Federation)
– Flipbook templates
– Passport templates
– Information Sheets – there are at least two information sheets per migrant group. The groups covered in these information sheets are: Chinese at Palmer River, Cameleers in Northern Territory, Japanese in Broome, Pacific Islanders in the Torres Strait and the Germans in South Australia.
These activities compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 History content descriptors:
– The reasons people migrated to Australia and the experiences and contributions of a particular migrant group within a colony (ACHASSK109)
– The role that a significant individual or group played in shaping a colony (ACHASSK110)
Topics covered by using these activities:
– What is migration? Why did people migrate to Australia?
– When did they migrate to Australia?
– What impact did they have on the communities in which they lived in Australia?
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,