Using timelines in your classroom is a key requirement of the Australian HASS curriculum. By incorporating this History of Toys Timeline into your classroom you will not only be meeting these history requirements but you will also have a great display in your classroom that can lead to further language-rich activities and investigations.
Toys featured on the posters:
– Early toys: marbles, yoyo, spinning top
– 1700s: rocking horse, doll, kite, puzzle
– 1800s: dominoes, playing cards, teetotums, toy trains, abacus
– 1900-1920: toy car, crayons, teddy bear, baseball cards
– 1920-1940: paper dolls, monopoly
– 1940-1960: tonka trucks, slinky, lego, play-doh, scrabble, Mr Potato Head, frisbee, barbie doll
– 1960-1980: etch-a-sketch, rubiks cube, skateboard
– 1980-2000: rollerblades, teenage mutant ninja turtles, super soaker, gameboy, tamagochi
– 2000 and beyond
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
“Thanks for this great product! I’m looking forward to implementing this in our co-op’s K-2 World History class at the beginning of the year. I’ll let you know how the students liked it! Thanks for this quality product at a reasonable price!”
“Great resource to engage students!”
“An incredible resource that assisted the struggling children in my classroom”
“This was a really fun timeline for my 1st grade class. thanks”
“Great idea. It really held the interest of my kids. Thanks”
If you liked the look of these posters, you may also like these:
— History of the Space Race
— Australian Alphabet Posters
— Australian History Timeline
How many posters are included?
43 posters featuring toys used throughout the ages are included in this set. Each poster features the name of the toy and a high resolution clip art.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.