Using timelines in your classroom is a key requirement of the Australian HASS curriculum. By incorporating this New South Wales Timeline into your classroom you will not only be meeting these history requirements but you will also have a great display in your classroom that can lead to further language-rich activities and investigations.
Looking for some simple activities to accompany these timeline posters?
Check out our blog post: 7 Fun Ways to Use Timelines in Your Classroom.
The events included in this poster set:
– Arrival of Aboriginal people
– James Cook takes possession of Australia
– First Fleet arrives
– Parramatta founded
– Coal discovered in the Hunter
– Town of Newcastle established
– Castle Hill Rebellion
– First export of wool
– Rum Rebellion
– Lachlan Macquarie begins making changes
– Stuart Donaldson becomes first premier
– Blue Mountains road built
– Myall Creek Massacre
– Gold found near Bathurst
– Lambing Flats Riots
– British troops leave NSW
– Silver found at Broken Hill
– NSW becomes state of the Commonwealth of Australia
– Women granted the right to vote
– Canberra established
– Sydney Harbour bridge opened
– Japanese infiltrate NSW waters
– Cowra breakout
– inaugural Sydney to Hobart yacht race
– Snowy Mountains Scheme completed
– Sydney Opera House opened
– Newcastle earthquake
– Thredbo landslide
– Sydney games
– Cronulla racial riots
– Villawood detention centre riots
How many posters are included?
34 high quality posters are included in this set. Each features the date, key event and relevant high-quality photo or clipart.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,