This digital activity pack has been carefully scaffolded to teach children the concept of counting on, to assist them in building mental computation strategies for addition. Children will be engaged in manipulating counters and writing numbers in a completely paperless environment.
Please read carefully the How to Use this Resource section of this activity pack once downloaded, to maximise the purpose of this resource in your classroom or distance learning environment.
You will receive a Powerpoint and Google Slides version of this resource, including a file that will explain how you can convert the google slides version for use in other apps. Please see the preview to check if your preferred app is included.
This Activity Pack includes the following:
– Level 1 Activities: How many fish? – Students are introduced to the concept of counting on.
– Level 2 Activities: How many bees? – Students are introduced to the layout of an addition sum without the symbols and are encouraged to continue to practise the count on strategy to find out how many.
– Level 3 Activities: How many rockets? – Students are introduced to the symbols for addition sums and encouraged to continue to use the count on strategy to find out how many.
– Level 4 Activities: How many bugs? – Students are encouraged to complete the number sentence on their own while still moving counters to practise the counting on strategy.
– Level 4 Activities: How many ice cream scoops – Students are to practise choosing the larger number to count on from while also completing the number sentence independently.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,