Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 5 teachers, this complete set of our ever popular history units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
These activities, powerpoint and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 History content descriptors:
– Reasons (economic, political and social) for the establishment of British colonies in Australia after 1800 (ACHASSK106)
– The nature of convict or colonial presence, including the factors that influenced patterns of development, aspects of the daily life of the inhabitants (including Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islander Peoples) and how the environment changed (ACHASSK107)
– The impact of a significant development or event on an Australian colony (ACHASSK108)
– The reasons people migrated to Australia and the experiences and contributions of a particular migrant group within a colony (ACHASSK109)
– The role that a significant individual or group played in shaping a colony (ACHASSK110)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Term 1 – Life in Colonial Australia
– Life in the colonies. Challenges of colonial life. The reasons for establishing more colonies. Timeline of colonial events. The impact of European settlement. Significant individuals.
Term 2 – Famous Australian Explorers
– The motivations and contributions of individuals to explore Australia.
Term 3 – The Great Australian Gold Rush
– Where was it found? Where did they come from? Life on the goldfields. What did the goldfields look like? Gold rush timeline activity. What was the impact of the gold rush socially, politically and economically?
Term 4 – Migration to Australia
– What is migration? Why did people migrate to Australia? When did they migrate to Australia? What impact did they have on the communities in which they lived in Australia?
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,