Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 4 teachers, this complete set of our ever popular history units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
This bundle includes the following:
– Australian Curriculum Year 4 History Unit – Mystery of the Macassans
– The First Fleet Lapbook Activities MEGA Bundle
These activities, powerpoint and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 4 History content descriptors:
– The diversity of Australia’s first peoples and the long and continuous connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to Country/Place (land, sea, waterways and skies) (ACHASSK083)
– The journey(s) of AT LEAST ONE world navigator, explorer or trader up to the late eighteenth century, including their contacts with other societies and any impacts (ACHASSK084)
– The nature of contact between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and others, for example, the Macassans and the Europeans, and the effects of these interactions on, for example, people and environments (ACHASSK086)
– Stories of the First Fleet, including reasons for the journey, who travelled to Australia, and their experiences following arrival (ACHASSK085)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Term 1 – Mystery of the Macassans
– What was the Age of Exploration? What motivated men and women to explore? What was the impact of the Age of Exploration?
– Who are Australia’s Indigenous Peoples? What is their connection to the land? How do they use its resources?
– Who were the Macassans? What relationship did they have with the Aboriginal people? Why did they come to Australia?
Term 2 – The First Fleet
– Why the Europeans settled in Australia (Life in 18th century Britain, Crimes, Punishments, Solution, Preparations, Voyage, Convicts, Arrival)
– Life in Sydney Cove (Food, Clothing, Work, Daily Life, Accommodation)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,