Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 4 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular HASS units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
This bundle includes the following:
– Year 4 History unit – The Mystery of the Macassans
– Year 4 History unit – The First Fleet
– Year 4 Civics and Citizenship Unit – Local Government
– Year 4 Geography unit – War on Waste: Sustainability Unit
– Year 4 Geography unit – Africa and South America
– BONUS – Year 4 HASS Yearly Overview (so you can see at a glance our suggested timing in delivering each unit)
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 4 HASS content descriptors:
– The diversity of Australia’s first peoples and the long and continuous connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to Country/Place (land, sea, waterways and skies) (ACHASSK083)
– The journey(s) of AT LEAST ONE world navigator, explorer or trader up to the late eighteenth century, including their contacts with other societies and any impacts
– The nature of contact between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and others, for example, the Macassans and the Europeans, and the effects of these interactions on, for example, people and environments (ACHASSK086)
– Stories of the First Fleet, including reasons for the journey, who travelled to Australia, and their experiences following arrival (ACHASSK085)
– The custodial responsibility Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples have for Country/Place, and how this influences views about sustainability (ACHASSK089)
– The use and management of natural resources and waste, and the different views on how to do this sustainably (ACHASSK090)
– The main characteristics of the continents of Africa and South America and the location of their major countries in relation to Australia (ACHASSK087)
– The importance of environments, including natural vegetation, to animals and people (ACHASSK088)
Civics and Citizenship
– The role of local government and the decisions it makes on behalf of the community (ACHASSK091)
– The differences between ‘rules’ and ‘laws’, why laws are important and how they affect the lives of people, including experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (ACHASSK092)
– The different cultural, religious and/or social groups to which they and others in the community belong
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Term 1 – The Mystery of the Macassans
– What was the Age of Exploration? What motivated men and women to explore? What was the impact of the Age of Exploration?
– Who are Australia’s Indigenous Peoples? What is their connection to the land? How do they use its resources?
– Who were the Macassans? What relationship did they have with the Aboriginal people? Why did they come to Australia?
Term 2 – The First Fleet
– Why the Europeans settled in Australia (Life in 18th century Britain, Crimes, Punishments, Solution, Preparations, Voyage, Convicts, Arrival)
– Life in Sydney Cove (Food, Clothing, Work, Daily Life, Accommodation)
Term 3 – War on Waste: Sustainability Unit
– current waste disposal methods around the world.
– compare modern-day land management techniques with that of Australia’s Indigenous Peoples.”
– the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) are discussed extensively to give students a greater understanding of the purpose of such techniques as well as ways they can contribute to waste reduction and management.
Term 3 – Local Government
– What is Local Government?
– What does Local Government do?
– Local Government Elections: how do they work?
– Local Community Groups: social, cultural, religious
Term 4 – Africa and South America
– Mapping Conventions – BOLTS
– Mapping Africa and South America
– Great Circle Routes
– Climate Zones
– World Biomes
– Biome Vegetation
– The Importance of Biome Vegetation
– Africa and South America Biomes
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Year 4 Australian Curriculum Yearly Health Bundle
– Times Tables Workbook Bundle
– Riddle of the Week Posters
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.