Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 3 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular HASS units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
This bundle includes the following:
– Year 3 HASS unit – My Place
– Year 3 HASS unit – Australia
– Year 3 Civics and Citizenship Unit – Working Together
– Year 3 Geography unit – Ticket Around the World
– Year 3 HASS unit – Celebrations Around the World
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 3 HASS content descriptors:
– The importance of Country/Place to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples who belong to a local area (ACHASSK062)
– How the community has changed and remained the same over time and the role that people of diverse backgrounds have played in the development and character of the local community (ACHASSK063)
– Days and weeks celebrated or commemorated in Australia (including Australia Day, Anzac Day, and National Sorry Day) and the importance of symbols and emblems (ACHASSK064)
– Celebrations and commemorations in places around the world (for example, Chinese New Year in countries of the Asia region, Bastille Day in France, Independence Day in the USA), including those that are observed in Australia (for example, Christmas Day, Diwali, Easter, Hanukkah, the Moon Festival and Ramadan) (ACHASSK065)
– The representation of Australia as states and territories and as Countries/Places of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and major places in Australia, both natural and human (ACHASSK066)
– The location of Australia’s neighbouring countries and the diverse characteristics of their places (ACHASSK067)
– The main climate types of the world and the similarities and differences between the climates of different places (ACHASSK068)
– The similarities and differences between places in terms of their type of settlement, demographic characteristics and the lives of the people who live there, and people’s perceptions of these places(ACHASSK069)
Civics and Citizenship
– The importance of making decisions democratically (ACHASSK070)
– Who makes rules, why rules are important and the consequences of rules not being followed (ACHASSK071)
– Why people participate within communities and how students can actively participate and contribute (ACHASSK072)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Term 1 – My Place
– Identifying First Australians. Connection to Country/Place. Local Indigenous Dialect. Identifying with Place. Posing Questions. Guest Speaker NB this will require prior organisation on behalf of the teacher administering the unit. Suggestions have been made in the unit on how to get in contact with your local Indigenous community. Acknowledgement of Country. Our Community on a Map. Our Community Then/Now. Changes in Communication (optional). Our Community Environment Changes. Influential Community Members.
Term 2 – Australia
– Australian States and Territories. Australian Emblems and Symbols. Australia Day. ANZAC Day. Reconciliation Week. National Sorry Day. NAIDOC Week. Mabo Day.
Term 2 – Working Together
– Me on the Map. Identifying My Community Groups. Identifying Purpose of Community Groups. Community Group Research. Establishing a Local Community Group. Voting. The Importance of Rules. Rights and Responsibilities. Consequences. Community Group Promotions (students develop a pamphlet to advertise their local community group).
Term 3 – Ticket Around the World
– Climate vs Weather. What is the difference? Climate zones around the world and in Australia. Settlement Types. Diversity. The unit is culminated in a study of a country. Students will create a Travel Brochure to advertise their country at a world expo.
Term 4 – Celebrations Around the World
– Diwali. Hanukkah. Chinese New Year. Bastille Day. Ramadan. Moon Festival.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Year 3 Australian Curriculum Yearly Health Bundle
– Times Tables Workbook Bundle
– Riddle of the Week Posters
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,