Year 1 and 2 health units bundle
Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 1 and 2 teachers, this complete set of our ever popular health units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
This health bundle includes the following:
– Year 1&2 Health Unit – What’s My Superpower?
– Year 1&2 Health Unit – Respectful Relationships
– Year 1&2 Health Unit – Playing it Safe
– Year 1&2 Health Unit – Let’s Get Healthy
These activities, powerpoint and posters compliment all of the following Australian Curriculum Year 1 and 2 Personal, Social and Community Health content descriptors:
– Describe their personal qualities and those of others, and explain how they contribute to developing identities AC9HP2P01- Identify and explore skills and strategies to develop respectful relationships AC9HP2P02
– Identify how different situations influence emotional responses AC9HP2P03
– practise strategies they can use when they need to seek, give or deny permission respectfully AC9HP2P04
– identify and demonstrate protective behaviours and help-seeking strategies they can use to help them and others stay safe AC9HP2P05
– investigate a range of health messages and practices in their community and discuss their purposes AC9HP2P06
– Explore actions that help make the classroom a healthy, safe and active place (ACPPS022)
– Identify and explore natural and built environments in the local community where physical activity can take place (ACPPS023)
– Describe ways to include others to make them feel they belong (ACPPS019)
– Describe and practise emotional responses that account for own and others’ feelings (ACPPS020)
– Recognise similarities and differences in individuals and groups, and explore how these are celebrated and respected (ACPPS024)
– Practise strategies they can use when they feel uncomfortable, unsafe or need help with a task, problem or situation (ACPPS017)
– Recognise situations and opportunities to promote health, safety and wellbeing (ACPPS018)
– Examine health messages and how they relate to health decisions and behaviours (ACPPS021)
– Describe their own strengths and achievements and those of others, and identify how these contribute to personal identities (ACPPS015)
– Describe physical and social changes that occur as children grow older and discuss how family and community acknowledge these (ACPPS016)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
Unit 1: What’s My SuperPower
– Physical Changes (baby to now), Milestones I’ve Achieved, Superpowers of Others, Appreciating Another’s Superpower, My Superpower
Unit 2: Respectful Relationships
– This is Me, This is How We Live – Exploring the lives of children across the world to explore similarities and differences, I’m New Here – Investigating how children feel when they come to a new school and exploring ways to make them feel more comfortable, Recognising Emotions – Explored through games and books, Inclusion, Welcome to Our School Scenario (Assessment opportunity)
Unit 3: Playing It Safe
– Safe Vs Unsafe, Being Assertive, Sun Safety, Medicine Safety, Bike Safety, Looking for Help, Contacting Emergency Services, Pool Safety, Electrical Safety, Fire Safety
Unit 4: Let’s Get Healthy
– What does Healthy mean?, Health Messages: Food, Health Messages: Personal Hygiene, Health Messages: Water, Health Messages: Movement, Fundamental Movement Skills
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Digital Sight Word Activity Pack
– Nursery Rhyme Themed Classroom Decor
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.