Using timelines in your classroom is a key requirement of the Australian HASS curriculum. By incorporating this Australian History Timeline in your classroom you will not only be meeting these history requirements but you will also have a great display in your classroom that can lead to further language-rich activities and investigations.
Key events include:
– The arrival of the aborigines
– The arrival of dingoes
– discovery of Tasmania by Abel Tasman
– William Dampier’s exploration of the West Coast of Australia
– Captain Cook charting the East coast of Australia
– arrival of the First Fleet
– the first circumnavigation of Australia
– a penal colony established in Brisbane
– New Holland renamed Australia
– New colony established in Perth
– South Australia established
– Gold rush
– Secret ballot introduced
– AFL becomes an official sport
– Uluru first sighted
– First test match against England in Australia
– Ned Kelly hanged
– Australia becomes a federation
– National flag first flown
– Canberra becomes the nation’s capital
– surfing is first introduced
– Australian soldiers land in ANZAC cove
– QANTAS is founded
– Vegemite is first produced
– First parliament is held in Canberra
– Don Bradman hits record innings
– Sydney Harbour bridge opens
– Australia enters Second World War
– Holden cars first produced
– Melbourne Olympics
– Indigenous people are given the right to vote
– Aboriginal flag first flown
– Sydney Opera House opened
– Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1976
– National Anthem introduced
– Sydney Olympics
– First female Prime Minister
Take a look at some of the great feedback for this resource:
“Great resource. Easy to make and use.”
“This is perfect! Just what I was looking for!”
“A great resource for my Australian time-line wall display. Easy for the kids to use as a reference. Thank you!”
“It’s up in my classroom all year!”
If you are looking for a little bit more, check out my Australian History Timeline and Activity Bundle!
If you liked the look of these posters, you may also like these:
— Australian Goldrush Timeline
— Australian Aboginal Reconciliation Timeline – Pathway to Recognition
— Australian Federation Timeline
How many posters are included?
37 key events that have shaped Australian history and culture are included in this set. Each poster features the year date, a brief description of the event and a high resolution clip art/photograph.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,