Natural Disasters Year 6 Unit Plan and Lapbook Activities
Help your students understand natural disasters and extreme weather events with this unit plan and lapbook bundle. Explore these natural phenomena as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the ACSSU096 element of the Australian Science Year 6 curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore natural disasters that change the Earth’s surfaces around the world!
The Complete Natural Disasters Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about natural disasters as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Year 6 Science content descriptors:
– Sudden geological changes and extreme weather events can affect Earth’s surface (ACSSU096)
The content covered in this unit includes:
– What are natural disasters?
– Locating natural disasters around the world
– Natural disasters in mythology
– Researching natural disasters and their impact on the environment, both living and non-living
– Modelling a natural disaster
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Additional Activity Bundle
– Natural Disasters Lapbook Templates
– Natural Disasters Classroom Posters
– Natural Disasters Word Wall Posters
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 6 HASS Unit Bundle
How do I assemble a lapbook?
Please see the preview for further details on how to assemble these Lapbooks and for a visual description of this product.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licenses are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.