Year 5 and 6 relationships lessons, activities and unit plan
Engage your students in meaningful discussions and equip them with strategies to deal with relationship issues with this easy to implement unit designed to compliment the Year 5 and 6 Australian Health curriculum AC9HP6P04, AC9HP6P06, AC9HP6P07, AC9HP6P08 (version 9.0) and ACPPS055, ACPPS056 (version 8.4). Highly engaging and filled with age-appropriate activities, this unit includes a supporting powerpoint, printable doodle note activity sheets and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. It is a great way to engage your students and get them reflecting on their relationships with others.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Assessment Rubric
– Informative Powerpoint
– Activity Bundle – some activities require the internet to extend your student’s knowledge and understanding of the topic.
These activities, powerpoint and unit plans complement the following Australian Curriculum Year 5&6 Health content descriptors:
– Describe and demonstrate how respect and empathy can be expressed to positively influence relationships AC9HP6P04
– Apply strategies to manage emotions and analyse how emotional responses influence interactions AC9HP6P06
– Describe strategies for seeking, giving or denying consent and rehearse how to communicate their intentions effectively and respectfully AC9HP6P07
– Analyse and rehearse protective behaviours and help-seeking strategies that can be used in a range of online and offline situations AC9HP6P08 Version 8.4
– Practise skills to establish and manage relationships (ACPPS055)
– Examine the influence of emotional responses on behaviour and relationships (ACPPS056)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Valued relationships
– Healthy vs Unhealthy relationships.
– Changing relationships
– Managing changing relationships
– Emotions and their impact on relationships.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,