Our Solar System Year 5 Unit Plan and Lapbook Activities
Help your students understand our solar system with this unit plan and lapbook. Bring astronomy alive as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the ACSSU078 element of the Australian Science Year 5 curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore the features of our solar system!
The Complete Solar System Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about our solar system as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 Science content descriptors:
– The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) (ACSSU078)
The content covered in this unit includes:
– What is a Solar System?
– Features of our Solar System
– The importance of the Sun
– Aboriginal Astronomy
– Modelling our Solar System
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle
– Lapbook Templates
– Classroom Posters
– Planet Fact Sheets – for each planet and for our sun and our moon, enabling students to complete the details in their Lapbooks without the need for internet connection!
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Our Solar System Factballs
— Our Solar System Flipbooks
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 5 HASS Unit Bundle
How do I assemble a lapbook?
Please see the preview for further details on how to assemble these Lapbooks and for a visual description of this product.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.