Material Things Year 4 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students investigate material properties and their associated uses with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring chemical sciences to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the ACSSU074 (version 8.4) and AC9S4U04 (version 9.0) element of the Australian Science Year 4 curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore materials and their properties!
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
The Complete Properties of Materials Unit
– Three Little Pigs STEM Challenge
– Types of Materials
– Natural Vs Processed Materials
– Properties of Materials
– Using Materials
– Assessment: Egg Drop STEM Challenge
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including worksheets, posters, experiments and suggested assessment activities.
– Informative Powerpoint – to help you explore the properties of different types of materials
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 3/4 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 4 HASS Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licenses are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.