Engage your students with this unique health unit, encouraging your students towards celebrating the diversity in your classroom. The unit compliments the Year 3 and 4 Australian Health curriculum. Highly engaging and filled with age-appropriate activities, this unit includes a HUGE range of printable activities, a supporting teaching powerpoint, classroom posters and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore the meaning of empathy, respect and valuing diversity as well as appreciating the uniqueness of each individual in their class.
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Activity Bundle – including printable activities and Interactive Notebook Templates
– Supportive PowerPoint – to aide your teaching
– Classroom Poster Set – Stronger Together Poster Set
– Parent Letters
– Recipe and Game Editable Templates
Please view the Preview for a more comprehensive look inside this unit.
These activities and unit plans complement the following Australian Curriculum Year 3 and 4 Health content descriptors:
– Describe how respect, empathy and valuing diversity can positively influence relationships )
– Research own heritage and cultural identities, and explore strategies to respect and value diversity )
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Family Diversity
– Diversity in the Classroom
– Heritage Research – this will form part of their assessment, students will research a recipe and game from their country of heritage to be included in a class recipe and games book.
– Defining Respect
– Defining Empathy
– Defining what it means to Value Diversity
– Celebrating Diversity – as a culmination of this unit, students will participate in a class celebration. They will bring along the recipe that they researched in class on a plate to share with the class.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,