Engage your students with this unique health unit, encouraging your students towards celebrating the diversity in your classroom. The unit compliments the Year 3 and 4 Australian Health curriculum AC9HP4P04, AC9HP4P05, AC9HP4P03 (version 9.0) and ACPPS037, ACPPS042 (version 8.4). Highly engaging and filled with age-appropriate activities, this unit includes a HUGE range of printable activities, a supporting teaching powerpoint, classroom posters and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore the meaning of empathy, respect and valuing diversity as well as appreciating the uniqueness of each individual in their class.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – including printable activities and Interactive Notebook Templates
– Classroom Poster Set – Stronger Together Poster Set
These activities and unit plans complement the following Australian Curriculum Year 3 and 4 Health content descriptors:
– Select, use and refine personal and social skills to establish, manage and strengthen relationships AC9HP4P04
– Describe how valuing diversity influences wellbeing and identify actions that promote inclusion in their communities AC9HP4P05
– Describe how choices and actions can be influenced by stereotypes AC9HP4P03
– Describe how respect, empathy and valuing diversity can positively influence relationships (ACPPS037)
– Research own heritage and cultural identities, and explore strategies to respect and value diversity (ACPPS042)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Gender stereotyping
– Identifying stereotypes
– Family Diversity
– Defining Respect
– Defining Empathy
– Defining what it means to Value Diversity
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.