Engage your students as they explore the world around them with this fun unit designed to compliment the Year 3 Australian HASS curriculum. Highly engaging and filled with activities that will help them grasp Geographic concepts with ease, this unit includes a supporting powerpoint, printable activity sheets and a unit plan and rubric to guide your teaching sequence. It is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on Geographical concepts and how these relate to countries around the world.
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan and Rubric
– Informative Powerpoint
– Activity Bundle – some activities may require the internet if you wish to extend your student’s knowledge and understanding of the topic.
****NOTE: This unit is based around a book called ‘A Ticket Around the World’. You do not need this book to complete the unit. Website links have been included if you do not wish to use the book.****
These activities, powerpoint and unit plans compliment the following Australian Curriculum Year 3 Geography content descriptors:
– The main climate types of the world and the similarities and differences between the climates of different places (ACHASSK068)
– The similarities and differences between places in terms of their type of settlement, demographic characteristics and the lives of the people who live there, and people’s perceptions of these places(ACHASSK069)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Climate vs Weather. What is the difference?
– Climate zones around the world and in Australia.
– Settlement Types
– The unit is culminated in a study of a country. Students will create a Travel Brochure to advertise their country at a world expo.
– Geographical Definitions Interactive Notebook Activity
– Climate Zones Around the World Flipbook
– Mapping Climate Zones Around the World
– Climate Zones in Australia map
– Settlement Types Pyramid Activity Sheet
– Passport Templates – including stamp and flag templates to glue into the Passport
– Travel Brochure Template – students can use these to create a digital or hard copy of a travel brochure to advertise a country they have researched OR a country they have created.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,