Push and Pull Year 2 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand the effects of pushes and pulls with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring physical sciences to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the (ACSSU033) element of the Australian Science Year 2 curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore how pushes and pulls can effect the movement of an object!
The Complete Push and Pull Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about pushes and pulls as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Year 2 Science content descriptors:
– A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape (ACSSU033)
– Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in, objects and events (ACSHE034)
– Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and events (ACSIS037)
– Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions (ACSIS038)
– Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways (ACSIS042)
The content covered in this unit includes:
– Making objects move
– Push or Pull?”
– Push and Pull Investigation
– Changing Direction
– Changing Shape
– Assessment: Water Toy Design Challenge and/or Push and Pull Assessment sheet
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, investigations, hands-on activities and suggested assessment activities.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1/2 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 2 HASS Unit Bundle
– Year 2 Science Unit: Earth’s Resources
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.