– Unit Plan
– Activity Bundle – some activities may require the internet if you wish to extend your student’s knowledge and understanding of the topic. Some resources you will need to source yourself to keep the unit relevant to your local area. Maps and local area history sources will need to be sourced from on your own.
This bundle compliments the following Year 2 Australian History Curriculum content descriptors:
– The history of a significant person, building, site and/or part of the natural environment in the local community and what it reveals about the past (ACHASSK044)
– The importance today of a historical site of cultural or spiritual significance in the local area, and why it should be preserved (ACHASSK045)
– What are landmarks?
– Our Local Landmarks
– Famous Historical Figures (from our local area)
– Local Area Historical Walk (excursion booklet provided)