Year 1 and 2 personal strengths lessons, activities and unit plan
Guide your Year 1 and 2 students through the Australian health curriculum content with these practical activities. Use these activities and unit plan to open a safe, age-appropriate classroom conversation that focuses on individual strengths and milestones. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore their own achievements, how certain achievements are celebrated around the world and what particular ‘superpower’ sets them apart from everyone else.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
Personal Strengths lessons and unit plan
With these health worksheets and unit plan, you’ll be well prepared to engage your students in this topic. These activities help your students reflect on their own and others personal strengths and how these can be used to help others.
These activities and unit plan cover the following Australian Curriculum Year 1 and 2 Health content descriptors:
– investigate a range of health messages and practices in their community and discuss their purposes AC9HP2P06
– Explore actions that help make the classroom a healthy, safe and active place (ACPPS022)
– Identify and explore natural and built environments in the local community where physical activity can take place (ACPPS023)
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – including activity sheets and printables
– Classroom Poster
Topics covered in this unit include:
– Physical Changes (baby to now)
– Milestones I’ve Achieved
– Superpowers of Others
– Appreciating Another’s Superpower
– My Superpower
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,