Engage your students with this exciting health unit, focusing on celebrating and respecting similarities and differences. It has been designed to compliment the Year 1 and 2 Australian Health curriculum and includes highly engaging age-appropriate activities. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore similarities and differences in their own classroom, describe and practise emotional responses and explore ways we can make others feel included.
This bundle includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Activity Bundle – including activity sheets and posters
– Supportive Powerpoint – this powerpoint follows the lives of 4 children from around the world, exploring how they live day to day, highlighting the similarities and differences to your own student’s lives.
– Classroom Poster
These activities and unit plans complement the following Australian Curriculum Year 1&2 Health content descriptors:
– Describe ways to include others to make them feel they belong (ACPPS019)
– Describe and practise emotional responses that account for own and others’ feelings (ACPPS020)
– Recognise similarities and differences in individuals and groups, and explore how these are celebrated and respected (ACPPS024)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– This is Me
– This is How We Live – Exploring the lives of children across the world to explore similarities and differences
– I’m New Here – Investigating how children feel when they come to a new school and exploring ways to make them feel more comfortable
– Recognising Emotions – Explored through games and books
– Welcome to Our School Scenario (Assessment opportunity)
– Friend-O-Saurus (Extension activity)
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,