Year 1 and 2 healthy living lessons, activities and unit plan
Guide your Year 1 and 2 students through the Australian health curriculum content with these practical activities. Use these activities and unit plan to open a safe, age-appropriate classroom conversation that focuses on healthy living practises and fundamental movement skills. Your students will become completely immersed in the topic as they explore the impact of diet, hydration, personal hygiene and movement on their overall health.
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
Healthy living lessons and unit plan
With these health worksheets and unit plan, you’ll be well prepared to engage your students in this topic. These activities help you factually teach the basics of healthy eating, moving, drinking and hygiene by analysing health messages in our media.
These activities and unit plan cover the following Australian Curriculum Year 1 and 2 Health content descriptors:
– investigate a range of health messages and practices in their community and discuss their purposes AC9HP2P06
– Explore actions that help make the classroom a healthy, safe and active place (ACPPS022)
– Identify and explore natural and built environments in the local community where physical activity can take place (ACPPS023)
This unit includes the following:
– Unit Plan
– Assessment Rubric (for version 9.0 unit versions only)
– Activity Bundle – including all activity sheets and assessment printables
– Classroom Posters
Topics covered in this unit:
– What does Healthy mean?
– Heath Messages About: Food
– Heath Messages About: Personal Hygiene
– Heath Messages About: Water
– Heath Messages About: Movement
– Fundamental Movement Skills
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Disclaimer: This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.