Moving Around the Sun Year 6 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand our relationship with the Sun as part of our solar system with this unit plan and activity pack. Bring earth and space sciences to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9S6U02 element of the Australian Science Year 6 curriculum version 9.0. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore how the planets and the Earth interact with the sun to cause night and day.
The Complete Solar System Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about our solar system as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 Year 6 Science content descriptors:
– describe the movement of Earth and other planets relative to the sun and model how Earth’s tilt, rotation on its axis and revolution around the sun relate to cyclic observable phenomena, including variable day and night length AC9S6U02
The content covered in this unit includes:
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including worksheets, experiments and suggested assessment activities.
– Classroom Posters
– Planet Fact and Flipbooks Sheets – for each planet and for our sun and our moon, enabling students to complete the details in their flipbooks without the need for internet connection!
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 5/6 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 6 HASS Unit Bundle
– Year 6 Science Unit – Electricity
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: the internet is required to follow some lessons in this unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.