This bundle includes the following:
– Year 5 States of Matter
– Year 5 Light
– Year 5 Adaptations
– Year 5 Changing Landscapes
These activities, assessment ideas and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 Year 5 Science content descriptors:
– examine how particular structural features and behaviours of living things enable their survival in specific habitats AC9S5U01
– identify sources of light, recognise that light travels in a straight path and describe how shadows are formed and light can be reflected and refracted AC9S5U03
– explain observable properties of solids, liquids and gases by modelling the motion and arrangement of particles AC9S5U04
Earth and Space Science:
– describe how weathering, erosion, transportation and deposition cause slow or rapid change to Earth’s surface AC9S5U02
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Defining Adaptations
– Structural and Behavioural Adaptations
– Different Adaptations
– Kangaroo Adaptations
– Bird Beak Experiment
– Plant Adaptations
– Leaf Investigation
– Research Task (Assessment)
– Design a Creature (Assessment)
– What is light?
– How does light travel?
– How are shadows formed?
– Opaque, Translucent, Transparent
– Bouncing Light
– How are Rainbows Formed?
States of Matter
– States of Matter
– Changing State Investigation: Jelly Making
– Changing State Investigation: Ice-Cream in a Bag
– Changing State Investigation: Soda Spider
– Changing State Investigation: Self-Inflated Balloon
– Assessment: Design an experiment
– Reflection Changing State Investigation: Slime Art
– Year 5/6 Australian Curriculum Yearly Health Bundle
– Year 5 HASS Units Bundle
If you want to connect with me further, check out Ridgy Didge on these social media platforms:
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
There are no reviews yet.