This bundle includes the following:
– Year 3 Heat Transfer
– Year 3 Solids, Liquids and Gases
– Year 3 Life Cycles
– Year 3 Earth’s Resources
These activities, assessment ideas and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 Year 3 Science content descriptors:
– compare characteristics of living and non-living things and examine the differences between the life cycles of plants and animals AC9S3U01
– identify sources of heat energy and examine how temperature changes when heat energy is transferred from one object to another AC9S3U03
– investigate the observable properties of solids and liquids and how adding or removing heat energy leads to a change of state AC9S3U04
Earth and Space Science:
– compare the observable properties of soils, rocks and minerals and investigate why they are important Earth resources AC9S3U02
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Living Vs Non-Living
– Are Plants Alive?
– Plant Life Cycles
– Animal Life Cycles (metamorphisis, egg born, mammals)
– Assessment – Life Cycle Mini book
– What is heat?
– Where is heat?
– Where does heat come from?
– Measuring heat
– Using a thermometer
– How does heat move?
– Heat Transfer (conduction)
– Using heat
Solids, Liquids and Gases
– States of matter
– Changing State – adding heat
– Changing State – removing heat
– Changing Water
– Earth’s natural resources
– Natural vs manmade resources
– Using Earth’s resources – First Nation Australians
– Earth’s resources – soil
– Earth’s resources – rocks
– Earth’s resources – minerals
– Assessment – Earth’s resources flipbook
– Year 3/4 Australian Curriculum Yearly Health Bundle
– Year 3 HASS Units Bundle
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,