Living Things Year 1 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand the basic needs of living things with this unit plan and activity pack. Bring biological sciences to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9S1U01 element of the Australian Science Year 1 curriculum version 9.0. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore how air, water, food and shelter are essential for all living things to survive.
The Complete Needs of Living Things Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about living things as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Version 9.0 Year 1 Science content descriptors:
– identify the basic needs of plants and animals, including air, water, food or shelter, and describe how the places they live meet those needs AC9S1U01
The content covered in this unit includes:
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including worksheets, experiments and suggested assessment activities.
– Informative Powerpoint
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1/2 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 1 HASS Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Have questions about this resource? Find me on social media:
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: the internet is required to follow some lessons in this unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.
There are no reviews yet.