Properties of Materials Foundation Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand the properties of materials with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring chemical sciences alive as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the ACSSU003 (version 8.4) and AC9SFU03 (version 9.0) element of the Australian Science Foundation curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore different types of materials and their properties!
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
The Complete Foundation Properties of Materials Unit
– Objects are made of materials that have observable properties (ACSSU003)
The content covered in this unit includes:
– What is an Object?
– Finding Objects
– Object Features
– Material Types
– Properties of Materials
– Waterproof Investigation
– Assessment: Material Property Scavenger Hunt and Goldilocks Bed Design
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, investigations, posters and suggested assessment activities.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation HASS Unit Bundle
– Australian Curriculum Foundation Science Unit Weather Watch
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Have questions about this resource? Find me on social media:
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.
There are no reviews yet.