Moving Things Foundation Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand how objects move with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring physical sciences to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the ACSSU005 (version 8.4) and AC9SFU02 (version 9.0) element of the Australian Science Foundation curriculum. Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help young minds explore how different factors can affect the motion of objects!
PLEASE NOTE: this unit has been updated to comply with the new Australian Curriculum 9.0 standards. The old version (version 8.4) is also still included in this bundle for now while schools make the transition to the new curriculum.
The Complete Foundation Physical Sciences Unit
– The way objects move depends on a variety of factors, including their size and shape (ACSSU005)
The content covered in this unit includes:
– Finding Moving Things
– Animal Movements
– Movement Investigations – ramps, cars and balls
– Does Material Matter?
– Push or Pull?
– Assessment Option: Design a Car using recycled materials
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, investigations, posters and suggested assessment activities.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Foundation HASS Unit Bundle
– Australian Curriculum Foundation Science Unit Weather Watch
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.