This bundle includes the following:
– Year 5 States of Matter
– Year 5 Light
– Year 5 Adaptations
– Year 5 Our Solar System
These activities, assessment ideas and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum Year 5 Science content descriptors:
– Living things have structural features and adaptations that help them to survive in their environment (ACSSU043)
– Light from a source forms shadows and can be absorbed, reflected and refracted (ACSSU080)
– Solids, liquids and gases have different observable properties and behave in different ways (ACSSU077)
Earth and Space Science:
– The Earth is part of a system of planets orbiting around a star (the sun) (ACSSU078)
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Defining Adaptations
– Structural and Behavioural Adaptations
– Different Adaptations
– Kangaroo Adaptations
– Bird Beak Experiment
– Plant Adaptations
– Leaf Investigation
– Research Task (Assessment)
– Design a Creature (Assessment)
– What is light?
– How does light travel?
– How are shadows formed?
– Opaque, Translucent, Transparent
– Bouncing Light
– How are Rainbows Formed?
States of Matter
– States of Matter
– Changing State Investigation: Jelly Making
– Changing State Investigation: Ice-Cream in a Bag
– Changing State Investigation: Soda Spider
– Changing State Investigation: Self-Inflated Balloon
– Assessment: Design an experiment
– Reflection Changing State Investigation: Slime Art
Our Solar System
– What is a Solar System?
– Features of our Solar System
– The importance of the Sun
– Aboriginal Astronomy
– Modelling our Solar System
– Year 5/6 Australian Curriculum Yearly Health Bundle
– Year 5 HASS Units Bundle
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,