– significant individuals, events and ideas that led to Australia’s Federation, the Constitution and democratic system of government AC9HS6K01
– changes in Australia’s political system and to Australian citizenship after Federation and throughout the 20th century that impacted on First Nations Australians, migrants, women and children AC9HS6K02
– the causes of people migrating to Australia since Federation and throughout the 20th century, their stories and effects on Australian society, including migrants from the Asia region AC9HS6K03
– the geographical diversity and location of places in the Asia region, and its location in relation to Australia AC9HS6K04
– Australia’s interconnections with other countries and how these change people and places AC9HS6K05
– the key institutions of Australia’s system of government, how it is based on the Westminster system, and the key values and beliefs of Western democracies AC9HS6K06
– the roles and responsibilities of the 3 levels of government in Australia AC9HS6K07
✏ What was Federation?
✏ Famous Federation Figures
✏ Australian government system vs the US government system
✏ Australian Citizenship
✏ Migration to Australia
✏ Push and Pull Factors
✏ Impact of Migration
✏ Assessment – students complete a Federation flowchart, highlighting the key events leading to Federation as well as the impact Federation had on the Australian people at the time.
☺ The History of Democracy in Australia – the Monarchy, the Magna Carta, the Westminster System
☺ Australia’s Three Levels of Government – What are they? Who governs? What are their roles and responsibilities?
☺ Making a Law in Australia – follow the steps.
☺ Meet Our Prime Ministers
☺ If I Were Prime Minister – mini book
☺ Elector Responsibilities thought bubble
– What is a consumer?
– Consumer Choices
– Influencing Consumers
– Tricky Advertising
– Effects of Consumer Choices
– Assessment – Cereal Box Challenge – students design their own cereal box to meet a particular consumer need
– Where is Asia?
– Asian Regions
– Characteristics of Asia
– Countries of Asia
– Asian Capital Cities
– Longitude and Latitude
– Assessment – students research an Asian country of choice and compare its features to Australia
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,