Year 6 Design Technology Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students solve sustainability problems with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your design technology lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the AC9TDE6K01, AC9TDE6K02, AC9TDE6P01, AC9TDE6P02, AC9TDE6P03, AC9TDE6P04, AC9TDE6P05 element of the Australian Year 6 Design Technology curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help your students learn about sustainability while design their own house!
The Complete Year 6 Design Technology Unit
Bring the fun back into about design technology principles as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) Year 6 Design Technology content descriptor:
– explain how people in design and technologies occupations consider competing factors including sustainability in the design of products, services and environments AC9TDE6K01
– explain how electrical energy can be transformed into movement, sound or light in a product or system AC9TDE6K02
– investigate needs or opportunities for designing, and the materials, components, tools, equipment and processes needed to create designed solutions AC9TDE6P01
– generate, iterate and communicate design ideas, decisions and processes using technical terms and graphical representation techniques, including using digital tools AC9TDE6P02
– select and use suitable materials, components, tools, equipment and techniques to safely make designed solutions AC9TDE6P03
– negotiate design criteria including sustainability to evaluate design ideas, processes and solutions AC9TDE6P04
– develop project plans that include consideration of resources to individually and collaboratively make designed solutions AC9TDE6P05
The content and activities covered in this unit includes:
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – including 10 detailed lessons
– Assessment Rubric
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities and assessment activities
– Supporting Powerpoint – to be used to guide your teaching and support your student’s learning.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 5/6 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 6 HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 6 Science Unit Bundle
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.