– the economic, political and social causes of the establishment of British colonies in Australia after 1800 AC9HS5K01
– the impact of the development of British colonies in Australia on the lives of First Nations Australians, the colonists and convicts, and on the natural environment AC9HS5K02
– the role of a significant individual or group, including First Nations Australians and those who migrated to Australia, in the development of events in an Australian colony AC9HS5K03
– the influence of people, including First Nations Australians and people in other countries, on the characteristics of a place AC9HS5K04
– the management of Australian environments, including managing severe weather events such as bushfires, floods, droughts or cyclones, and their consequences AC9HS5K05
– the key values and features of Australia’s democracy, including elections, and the roles and responsibilities of elected representatives AC9HS5K06
– how citizens (members of communities) with shared beliefs and values work together to achieve a civic goal AC9HS5K07
✔ Life in the Colonies
✔ The Challenges
✔ Reasons for establishing more colonies
✔ Timeline of Colonial Events
✔ Impact of European settlement
✔ Significant People
– Wants and Needs
– Goods and Services
– Resources: Natural, Human and Capital
– Assessment Option – assessment in this unit is ongoing, students will take on the role of town-planners and work towards establishing a town that meets the wants and needs of the community members.
– Australia’s Environmental Report Card
– The influence of: Climate Change
– The influence of: Natural Disasters
– The influence of: Pollution
– The influence of: Land Clearing
– The influence of: Mining
– The influence of: Invasive Species
– What can we learn from First Nations people?
– Assessment option – Student’s write their own report card on Australia’s environmental status using the template provided.
– Democracy – What is it?
– Voting – Key Features
– Laws and Law Enforcers
– Roles of Volunteers
– Assessment – Democracy test sheet
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,