Fractured Fairy Tales Year 4 Unit Plan and Activities
Help your students understand the basic features of persuasive texts with this unit plan and activity bundle. Bring your writing lessons to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover the (AC9E4LA03, AC9E4LA06, AC9E4LY03, AC9E4LY06, AC9E4LY08, AC9E4LY09) element of the Australian Year 4 English curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way to help budding authors write a persuasive text in the form of a brochure!
The Complete Year 4 Narrative Writing Unit
Bring the fun back into learning about persuasive writing as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) Year 4 English content descriptors:
The content covered in this unit includes:
Your purchase includes:
– Unit Plan – this unit follows a scaffolded literacy approach where by rich texts are used to model writing skills. Some internet links are provided in some lessons to support the lesson content. In particular, links to the suggested literature (being read out loud) in the unit have been included, in case you don’t have access to a hard copy of the book. Internet connection will be required for these lessons.
– Assessment Rubric
– Supporting Powerpoint – this powerpoint provides additional support in teaching certain concepts in the unit.
– Activity Bundle – this activity bundle includes a variety of activities including activity sheets, hands-on activities, posters and a suggested assessment activity.
If you liked the look of this resource, you may also like these:
— Complete Australian Curriculum Year 3/4 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 4 HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 4 Science Unit Bundle
How many lessons are included in this unit?
There are 10 lessons in this unit. It is anticipated that each lesson would go for about 1-1 1/2 hours. It is very easy to make each suggested lesson, 2 lessons. Each lesson would just be shorter lessons. Probably about 45 minutes long.
Can I share this resource with my teaching partner?
No. This product is for personal use only. Multiple licences are available for use among more than one person.
On what size paper is this resource best printed?
This resource is designed to be printed on A4 sized paper. To fit other paper sizes, ensure you hit ‘fit to page’ before printing.
Have questions about this resource? Find me on social media:
Thank you so much,
This unit plan is a guide only. Teachers should use discretion when implementing. some questions have been provided to help guide students thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.
Please note: internet and YouTube access are required to follow the unit plan.
This is a digital product only. It will be sent to you by email to download once payment has been processed.
There are no reviews yet.