Help your students explore the techniques associated with still life sketching with this completely done for you unit plan and activity bundle. Bring visual arts to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover all elements of the Australian Year 4 Visual Arts curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way for students to learn and apply visual arts skills.
Bring the fun back into Visual Arts as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Year 4 Visual Arts content descriptors:
– Explore where, why and how visual arts are created and/or presented across cultures, times, places and/or other contexts (AC9AVA4E01).
– Explore how First Nations Australians use visual arts to communicate their connection to and responsibility for Country/Place (AC9AVA4E02).
– Experiment with a range of ways to use visual conventions, visual arts processes and materials (AC9AVA4D01).
– Use visual conventions, visual arts processes and materials to create artworks that communicate ideas, perspectives and/or meaning (AC9AVA4C01).
The content and activities covered in this unit includes:
– Observational Drawing Techniques
– Foreground/Middle ground/Background
– Assessment – students create their own still life composition to sketch from
Your purchase includes:
✔ Unit plans
✔ Teacher Notes – to help you direct students in completing their artworks
✔ Artwork Timelapses – these videos will save you creating demo pieces. Use the videos to demonstrate to your students how each artwork is to be completed
✔ Activity Sheets – required for some of the art pieces and activities in the unit
✔ Assessment Rubric
✔ Elements of Art Classroom Posters
✔ Student reflection and peer reflection sheets
Is there a rubric included in this resource?
How long should it take to complete this unit?
This Unit is designed to be implemented over 10 weeks (a typical Australian school term). Time has been allowed for an hour lesson each week.
If are looking for more ways to overcome the Australian Curriculum overwhelm, check out these resources:
–Complete Australian Curriculum Year 3/4 Health Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 4 HASS Unit Bundle
– Complete Australian Curriculum Year 4 Science Unit Bundle
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
While careful consideration has been made in the design of this Unit Plan it is a guide only. Teachers should use their own discretion when implementing. Some questions have been given to help guide student thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.