Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 4 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular HASS units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum (version 9.0) has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
This bundle includes the following:
– Year 4 History unit – The First Fleet
– Year 4 Civics and Citizenship Unit – Local Government
– Year 4 Geography unit – Sustainability Unit
– Year 4 Geography unit – World Environments
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum 9.0 Year 4 HASS content descriptors:
– The diversity of First Nations Australians, their social organisation and their continuous connection to Country/Place AC9HS4K01
– The causes of the establishment of the first British colony in Australia in 1788 AC9HS4K02
– The experiences of individuals and groups, including military and civilian officials, and convicts involved in the establishment of the first British colony AC9HS4K03
– The effects of contact with other people on First Nations Australians and their Countries/Places following the arrival of the First Fleet and how this was viewed by First Nations Australians as an invasion AC9HS4K04
– The importance of environments, including natural vegetation and water sources, to people and animals in Australia and on another continent AC9HS4K05
– Sustainable use and management of renewable and non-renewable resources, including the custodial responsibility First Nations Australians have for Country/Place AC9HS4K06
Civics and Citizenship
– the differences between “rules” and “laws”, why laws are important and how they affect the lives of people AC9HS4K07
– the roles of local government and how members of the community use and contribute to local services AC9HS4K08
– diversity of cultural, religious and/or social groups to which they and others in the community belong, and their importance to identity AC9HS4K09
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Why the Europeans settled in Australia (Life in 18th century Britain, Crimes, Punishments, Solution, Preparations, Voyage, Convicts, Arrival)
– The impact of settlement on Australia’s First Nations people
– current waste disposal methods around the world.
– compare modern-day land management techniques with that of Australia’s Indigenous Peoples.”
– the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle) are discussed extensively to give students a greater understanding of the purpose of such techniques as well as ways they can contribute to waste reduction and management.
– What is Local Government?
– What does Local Government do?
– Local Government Elections: how do they work?
– Local Community Groups: social, cultural, religious
– New Local Government Proposal (assessment): students are given the task of establishing their own local community on an island off the coast of Australia. Students are to determine the location, necessary facilities and rules and laws that will be necessary to care for their community members.
– Continents of the World
– World Environments/Biomes
– Environment Vegetation
– Continent Vegetation
– Assessment – Why are environments important? Flipbook
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,