Engage your students as they explore the environments of the world with this fun unit designed to compliment the Year 4 Australian Geography curriculum (version 9.0). Highly engaging, this unit includes printable activity sheets, classroom posters, a supporting powerpoint, multiple student assessment opportunities and a unit plan to guide your teaching sequence. This unit is a great way to engage your students interests in the topic as well as expand their knowledge on the geographical features of the various world biomes and why they are important to living things.
– Unit Plan (including assessment rubric)
– Activity Bundle – some activities may require the internet if you wish to extend your student’s knowledge and understanding of the topic.
– Classroom Posters – Bulletin board header, maps
– The importance of environments, including natural vegetation and water sources, to people and animals in Australia and on another continent AC9HS4K05
– Continents of the World
– World Environments/Biomes
– Environment Vegetation
– Continent Vegetation
– Assessment – Why are environments important? Flipbook