Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 3 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular HASS units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum version 9.0 has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
This bundle includes the following:
– Year 3 HASS unit – My Place
– Year 3 Geography unit – Australia and its Neighbours
– Year 3 Civics and Citizenship Unit – Working Together
– Year 3 History unit – Australian Celebrations
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum 9.0 Year 3 HASS content descriptors:
– Causes and effects of changes to the local community, and how people who may be from diverse backgrounds have contributed to these changes AC9HS3K01
– Significant events, symbols and emblems that are important to Australia’s identity and diversity, and how they are celebrated, commemorated or recognised in Australia, including Australia Day, Anzac Day, NAIDOC Week, National Sorry Day, Easter, Christmas, and other religious and cultural festivals AC9HS3K02
– The ways First Nations Australians in different parts of Australia are interconnected with Country/Place AC9HS3K04
– The representation of contemporary Australia as states and territories, and as the Countries/Places of First Nations Australians prior to colonisation, and the locations of Australia’s neighbouring regions and countries AC9HS3K03
– The similarities and differences between places in Australia and neighbouring countries in terms of their natural, managed and constructed features AC9HS3K05
Civics and Citizenship
– Who makes rules, why rules are important in the school and/or the local community, and the consequences of rules not being followed AC9HS3K06
– Why people participate within communities and how students can actively participate and contribute to communities AC9HS3K07
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Identifying First Australians
– Local Indigenous Dialect
– Posing Questions
– Guest Speaker NB this will require prior organisation on behalf of the teacher administering the unit. Suggestions have been made in the unit on how to get in contact with your local Indigenous community.
– Our Community Then/Now
– Influential Community Members
– Assessment: Two options – My Place Power Point presentation & a postcard to acknowledge an influential community member.
Australia and its Neighbours
– Mapping Australia
– States and Territories
– Australian Landmarks
– Exploring Australia’s neighbours: New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Indonesia
– Assessment: students will choose one of Australia’s neighbours to write a tourist minibook about.
– Community Groups
– Community Group Research
– School Community
– The Importance of Rules
– Rights and Responsibilities
– Assessment: Students will research a local community group, clarifying thier purpose to the community and are also given the task of opening a zoo or amusement park, where rules will need to be created to minimise risks in their park.
– Australian Celebrations Calendar
– Australian Celebrations: Australia Day, ANZAC Day, National Sorry Day, NAIDOC Week, Reconciliation Week, Easter, Christmas
– Assessment: Students design their own Australian Celebration based on Australian issues or events.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,