Allow your students to explore a variety of different artistic techniques to create mystical scenes and objects with this completely done for you unit plan and activity bundle. Bring visual arts to life as the unit plan walks you through everything you need to thoroughly cover all elements of the Australian Year 2 Visual Arts curriculum (version 9.0). Fun for students, easy for you to implement and an irresistible way for students to learn and apply visual arts skills.
This unit is designed to compliment our Year 2 Writing Unit: Fairy Tales.
Bring the fun back into Visual Arts as you guide your students through the following Australian Curriculum Year 2 Visual Arts content descriptors:
– Explore ideas, experiences, observations and imagination to create visual artworks and design, including considering ideas in artworks by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists (ACAVAM106)
– Use and experiment with different materials, techniques, technologies and processes to make artworks (ACAVAM107)
– Create and display artworks to communicate ideas to an audience (ACAVAM108)
– Respond to visual artworks and consider where and why people make visual artworks, starting with visual artworks from Australia, including visual artworks of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (ACAVAR109)
The content and activities covered in this unit includes:
– Fairy Tale Castles
– Fantasy Paper Bag Monsters
– Landscapes using Mixed Media
– Wizard Wands using Air Dry Clay
– Design Book Covers using Technology
– Mythical Creatures by Tracing and Colouring
– Trolls using Crayons and Dye
– Assessment – Students create their own Magical Land based on skills and artists they have explored throughout the unit
Your purchase includes:
✔ Unit plans
✔ Teacher Notes – to help you direct students in completing their artworks
✔ Artwork Timelapses – these videos will save you creating demo pieces. Use the videos to demonstrate to your students how each artwork is to be completed
✔ Activity Sheets – required for some of the art pieces and activities in the unit
✔ Assessment Rubric
✔ Elements of Art Classroom Posters
✔ Student reflection and peer reflection sheets
Is there a rubric included in this resource?
How long should it take to complete this unit?
This Unit is designed to be implemented over 10 weeks (a typical Australian school term). Time has been allowed for an hour lesson each week.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
While careful consideration has been made in the design of this Unit Plan it is a guide only. Teachers should use their own discretion when implementing. Some questions have been given to help guide student thinking but more specific questions should be added to develop conversation and deeper learning. Students should be encouraged to ask questions themselves as well.