Ready to get yourself completely prepared for the year ahead? Look no further Year 2 teachers! This complete set of our ever popular HASS units specifically aligned to the Australian Curriculum version 9.0 has everything you need to teach your students the content required.
These activities, powerpoints and posters compliment all the following Australian Curriculum 9.0 Year 2 HASS content descriptors:
– How technological developments changed people’s lives at home, and the ways they worked, travelled and communicated AC9HS2K02
– A local individual, group, place or building and the reasons for their importance, including social, cultural or spiritual significance AC9HS2K01
– How places can be spatially represented in geographical divisions from local to regional to state/territory, and how people and places are interconnected across those scales AC9HS2K03
– The interconnections of First Nations Australians to a local Country/Place AC9HS2K04
Topics covered in this bundle include:
– Our Local Area
– What are landmarks?
– Our Local Landmarks
– Famous Historical Figures (from our local area)
– Local Area Historical Walk (excursion booklet provided)
– Our #1 Local Landmark
History of Technology
– What is Technology?
– History of Technology: Timeline
– Technology Changes: Work and Transport
– First Nations Communications
– Assessment: students are challenged to communicate a message without the use of modern day technology.
Connections to Place
– Special Places
– Welcome to Country
– Indigenous Connections to Place
– Dreamtime Stories
– Where I Live
– My Community
– My Community and Beyond
– Assessment: Me on the Map
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,